Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vo'Shun Story (an experiment)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sophie

Sophie

Vo'Shun Story (an experiment) Empty
PostSubject: Vo'Shun Story (an experiment)   Vo'Shun Story (an experiment) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 1:22 am

Eran's Pilgrimage

Sophie's Blog - Cast Out

Cynn's Blog - On The Rough End

Cynn's Blog - A Clear Statement

[03:41:05] EVE System > Channel MOTD: Within the wide canyon, there is the sprawling mass of steel scrap habitats and domes making up the city of Vo'Shun. Clouds of smoke billow up and keep the canyon in perpetual twilight, and people go about their business along the streets. There is the occasional sound of a scuffle, and possible weapons discharge followed by shouts, as well as music and other sounds from the many taverns, pubs and clubs.

Sophie Starsparrow comes out of one of the clubs, her hands tucked into rips in her hazmat suit. Her head covering is gone, and her suit is dirty, tattered and torn

Keena Vertan strides along the side of the street with a pair of largish men behind her. As per usual, she is scribbling with a stylus at the screen of a handheld device. Keena walks right into and collides with Sophie as the other girl comes out the door.

Sophie Starsparrow, her head down, bounces off the woman and looks up muttering an apology

Keena Vertan instinctively drops her device to the ground and whips out a wicked looking blade from its hip holster. Both men grab at Sophie to push and hold her against the wall as Keena's blade is brought towards her neck, but without deadly intent.

Sophie Starsparrow sighs slightly, not really reacting to this sudden show of force. Her face impassive, she looks the other woman in the eyes for the first time

Keena Vertan frowns very slightly. She grabs Sophie's chin and turns her face towards the nearest source of luminescence. Keena's eyes examine her for what seems like a very long time before she pulls back and sheathes her weapon.

Sophie Starsparrow tries to keep her muscles loose and lets her head be moved easily. She averts her gaze and slumps her shoulders a bit

Sophie Starsparrow > Sorry I bumped you

Keena Vertan grabs the woman's hair and pushes her head down as the men force Sophie down to her knees. Keena turns Sophie's head and pushes aside any covering of the back of Sophie's neck to find the capsule jack to confirm her suspicion.

Sophie Starsparrow > fuck *she mutters very quietly, before sighing again*

Sophie Starsparrow > I don't want to go back...I can give you whatever you'd ransom me for to stay...

Keena Vertan turns Sophie's head back up. She stares down at the woman, then sends a quick, comprehensive look around. Keena nods her head at the men and at Sophie, then lets go as they bind Sophie's hands tightly together behind her back.

Sophie Starsparrow looks at her pleadingly, complying with the men

Keena Vertan makes a horizontal zipping motion across her lips. She plucks up her device and stylus and puts them away in her clothes. Keena begins walking towards a largish building, and the men lift Sophie up and bring her with.

Sophie Starsparrow glances at one man, then at the other, trying to keep up. Her eyes then start to take in the city, trying to remember the route they are taking

Keena Vertan stops at the door. She turns around and waves off the two men. Keena takes Sophie by the arm and takes her into the orphanage. The entry room is a spacious, circular room with 30 beds laid out in rows and as many children milling around.

Sophie Starsparrow blinks, her eyes growing very wide, before a slow smile spreads across her face, she moves slightly to approach the children, then stops herself

Sophie Starsparrow > This is...this is your work?

Keena Vertan nods without looking at her. Keena pulls her through the room, and gradually they attract the silent attention of the others in the room. Keena takes her to a somewhat ominous looking locked, steel door which she opens and takes Sophie through.

Sophie Starsparrow squirms a bit trying to shift her wrists slightly in their ties

Keena Vertan has lead her into a distinctly unfriendly looking room, with a dusty atmosphere and dim lighting, as well as shadows on the walls and desks from various tools and chain lengths.

Sophie Starsparrow takes in the room and tries to regain her passive expression

Keena Vertan takes her to the center of the room where a chair is bolted to the floor.

Keena abruptly seats Sophie and fastens the floor-mounted shackles to her ankles, then moves to sit on the desk a couple metres in front of her.

Keena Vertan crosses her arms and stares at her, with something of a hint of annoyance and quiet anger in her heterochromic irises. Keena taps a few buttons on the desk's control panel, which projects lighting down onto Sophie from various angles.

Sophie Starsparrow looks at her impassively for a moment, then her expression breaks for a moment, looking at her, her eyes begging for something

Sophie Starsparrow > I...I don't mean any harm...I'm...I'm here to help...if I can...

Keena Vertan narrows her eyes and tilts her head to the side. The only sound from Keena is the beads of her tight braids rattling quietly against each other as her head moves.

Sophie Starsparrow > However...you want...on your terms...I just...I want...

Sophie Starsparrow > I would like...*closes her mouth with a snap*

Keena Vertan raises the eyebrow above her cyan eye. She raises a hand and makes a gesture for the woman to continue.

Sophie Starsparrow > I would like...to...consult with someone...knowledgeable in...*glances around the room* Volvul marks *looking at the floor*

Keena Vertan shifts her weight to the other foot. Her eyes narrow slightly, and she snaps her fingers as Sophie looks down.

Sophie Starsparrow jerks her eyes back up to hers

Keena Vertan walks around the desk and pulls out a device shaped in a similar manner to an egone. Keena places it on her head and a child-sized drone crackles to life in the corner. Keena resumes her seat on the desk as the drone begins walking towards them.

Sophie Starsparrow looks between the drone and Keena and back

Sophie Starsparrow shifts a bit uncomfortably unable to take her eyes off the drone

Keena Vertan places a hand on the portion of the object on the left side of her head. The drone unit stops in front of Sophie and functions as a relay. Keena's lips do not move. - I do not often use this. I will make an exception in your case, Miss Sophie.

Sophie Starsparrow relaxes a bit looking at her then looks back at the drone before it hits her

Sophie Starsparrow > You know who i am?

Keena Vertan nods. - There has been a continuous transmission for some time now from another capsuleer above this planet broadcasting your information. I'd imagine the majority of the city knows by now. Why have you come here?

Sophie Starsparrow blinks in surprise, then frowns - I came to help...and...to answer some questions

Keena Vertan narrows her eyes. The drone's audio relay volume increases - We do not need the help of offworlders. You made a very foolish decision coming here, as he did.

Sophie Starsparrow > I'm...not coming for the same reasons he did *glancing back down at the drone*

Keena Vertan pushes off the desk and walks around behind Sophie. Keena grabs a hold of the metal protrusion of the capsule jack on the back of Sophie's head. - Explain.

Sophie Starsparrow leans her head back to release some of the tension on the jack, looking up into her eyes - I...I went through the Volvul...both me and my sister...but...only our parents were present. I...don't know what are marks mean...I might...I might belong here...or my sister might. Either way I want to help...and...I needed to know

Keena Vertan wears a distinct frown. - Irresponsible. The ritual should never be conducted without a Shaman's initiation and supervision.

Sophie Starsparrow > I think...I think...*shrugs* They didn't have a choice anyway, and...I guess the consequences didn't matter *looks at the wall for a minute and makes a decision* We were already in exile...

Keena Vertan > Were you given a properly prepared injection, at the least?

Sophie Starsparrow > I think so...my mother seemed to know about that stuff

Keena Vertan > But couldn't tell you what any marks that appeared meant.

Sophie Starsparrow > I don't know if she told us or not...It didn't mean anything to us at the time and I forgot about it

Keena Vertan > The attention span of disinterested mind.
Keena Vertan lets go of Sophie's capsule jack and stands off to the side.

Sophie Starsparrow bites back something, then crooks her neck a bit

Keena Vertan watches her carefully. The drone takes a pair of steps back before it relays Keena's thoughts to audio. - Stand up.

Sophie Starsparrow > I can't deny that. I never heard of this practice until Eran *stops herself, then realizes the woman already knows* before the other one came...*blinks and stands*

Keena Vertan > Sophie Starsparrow, do you think you're ready to learn of the result of your Test of Destiny?

Sophie Starsparrow swallows hard and nods slowly

Keena Vertan slides her blade out from its sheath. Keena approaches her and steadily slices the shoulders of her suit, then straight down the middle of the front, letting the clothing fall to the ground. Several lights sources add more light to the room.

Sophie Starsparrow stares straight ahead, unperturbed

Keena Vertan puts the item back in its sheath after Sophie is rendered nude. Keena begins walking around her, looking critically and slowly over the woman's skin for any discernible marks. Keena Vertan stops as her gaze reaches the girl's ankles. Keena looks at Sophie's eyes, then drops down and unshackles her from the floor. Keena traces a fingertip along the profile marked out on her ankle slowly.

Sophie Starsparrow blushes slightly

Keena Vertan puts her hands on her knees and continues checking and rechecking. Finally she stands up and makes a genuinely sad expression. - I am sorry, Miss Sophie, but you do not have a good mark.

Sophie Starsparrow nods then stops and blinks - Good? You mean...I have...hmm. Of course. *swallows hard again* What...what does it mean? *she looks at her beseechingly*

Keena Vertan > The house that is your future will be built on the foundation of the broken hearts of others. Your romances will cause much conflict, both inside and outside your tribe.

Sophie Starsparrow lets her jaw drop open a bit, the colour draining from her face - I...I knew...*blinks a few times, confused by something* I...I knew.

Keena Vertan > You have my sympathies, whatever they may be worth.

Sophie Starsparrow looks at her hurt - No...I don't deserve them...I cheated fate *lets her gaze drift somewhere far away for a moment*

Keena Vertan > Did you? Or did you make yourself believe you did?

Sophie Starsparrow blinks and her eyes clear, looking at the woman for a long moment - I guess I...I don't know. I cheated your fate...the fate of everyone here...for awhile at least

Keena Vertan > No one escapes Fate. Some of us just manage to postpone it longer than others.
Keena Vertan reaches around and cuts the binds on Sophie's wrists.

Sophie Starsparrow rubs her wrists absentmindedly, nodding

Keena Vertan has long since replaced any hint of annoyance with her present concern. - Do you wish to stay, for a while, or do you want to go back up there?

Sophie Starsparrow > I'd like to stay *she says quickly* I...I can help...with the...it's an orphanage isn't it?

Keena Vertan nods.

Sophie Starsparrow > Are they all...are they all...new? Or were they born here?

Keena Vertan > All indigenous-born. Most of them will not live far past their teens.

Sophie Starsparrow frowns, her mouth pulling tight and her eyes lighting up in a new way

Keena Vertan > The rumours of disease that keep most offworlders away are not entirely unfounded, unfortunately.

Sophie Starsparrow > yeah...I took...precautions *nodding her head to the rags that was her hazmat suit and chuckles a bit, then her lips quiver and tear forms in her eye * not that it means the same to me...*looks up at her* I'm so sorry...I...I had no idea our own people...

Keena Vertan > Most don't.

Sophie Starsparrow > hmm..not our people

Keena Vertan offers a small shrug. - If you will stay, do not be surprised if many people do not speak to you. There is a high probability they have had their tongues removed, like mine.

Sophie Starsparrow furrows her brow - Why?

Keena Vertan > When a person has a bad enough mark, they must take a vow of silence in addition to being exiled. If that vow is broken, the person's tongue is cut out, to remind them, before they go.

Sophie Starsparrow looks disgusted, then angry, then...numb

Keena Vertan offers another little shrug. She embraces Sophie tightly after, then steps back. She makes a smile before the next audio relay - You require some clothing, as I will not allow you to parade yourself around in front of the older boys like this.

Sophie Starsparrow looks at her gratefully then laughs. Sophie Starsparrow sighs as though a great burden inexplicably has been lifted off - And I meant what I said, however I can help...I'm not afraid to work

Keena Vertan nods. She places a hand on each of Sophie's cheeks, pulls her head down slightly and gives her forehead a parental kiss. - We shall figure it out later on.

Sophie Starsparrow smiles at her, mouthing 'thank you'

Keena Vertan winks. She points at the chair and makes her way out, peeking her head through the doorway to make sure no child is stalking the exit, then swiftly shuts the door behind her to prevent any of the children from catching sight of Sophie.

Sophie Starsparrow sits on the chair picking up the remains of her hazmat suit, trying to arrange it to supply some cover then gives up and lets the pieces fall back to the floor

Keena Vertan returns a few minutes later with a bundle of mottled brown robe-like garments similar to Keena's.

Sophie Starsparrow bows her head to her slightly, taking the robe and slipping it over her head then inhales deeply, studying the robe on her and smiles a bit

Keena Vertan helps her situate the thick, spiralling fibre bands that pin the chest together and wrap around her back, hooking over Sophie's right shoulder. Keena makes a pleased smile and nods in satisfaction. - Much more presentable now.

Sophie Starsparrow turns and smiles at her and then bows more formally

Keena Vertan > Food would be a nice thing, yes? And you look like you have not had a proper bathing session or rest in some time.

Sophie Starsparrow nods - Yes...I don't think I've slept in...well...it's been a couple days

Keena Vertan casts a look over at her beeping device. Keena walks over to it and clicks the indicator, which plays a message with Cynn's voice. - The deal is the capsuleer exchanged for the goods. I'm awaiting an answer to this message within 1 hour

Sophie Starsparrow > Crap....I don't...should I say something? What can I say? an hour...? or what?

Keena Vertan looks back over her shoulder at Sophie. - She will provide nothing if you remain. I do not care for the items in her cargohold. We do not need the help of their kind. Tell her what it is you wish.

Sophie Starsparrow > I...I'd rather say nothing...unless..it brings harm...further harm...to anyone here *looks at her helplessly*

Keena Vertan offers a reassuring smile. - Then leave it to me.
Keena Vertan focuses back on her device and keys in a message.

Sophie Starsparrow > Thank you again...I already am so in your debt

Keena Vertan > Nonsense.

Sophie Starsparrow inhales deeply again her bottom lip quivering slightly for a moment before her shoulders set in determination.

Keena Vertan turns to face her with a smile.

Sophie Starsparrow > It's...okay? they won't keep bombarding the planet with messages? And...what do I...do I need to stay out of sight...or inside or...*stops herself and smiles self-consciously*

Keena Vertan > Never you mind. You're perfectly safe in here, and you will find much to keep your time filled.

Sophie Starsparrow smiles again and exhales heavily, nodding - I think you said something about...food?

Keena Vertan > Yes.

Keena Vertan takes Sophie's hand and leads her out of the room.

Sophie Starsparrow follows her happily

Keena Vertan takes her to the kitchen area. Keena finds a pair of elongated, purplish fruits similar to bananas. She peels one and slices it up into a bowl with sweetened milk, then hands it to Sophie with a spoon. Keena Vertan hops up to sit on a countertop and crosses a leg over the other at the knee. The drone unit has followed them into the room and commences relaying again. - I have been told by many people this tastes very good.

Sophie Starsparrow takes it looking at it curiously and takes a bite, chewing it gingerly, then devours the whole bowl quickly, drinking the milk and wiping her lip grinning self-consciously again

Keena Vertan moves the back of her hand to cover the smirk playing across her face.

Sophie Starsparrow swallows and looks for a place to wash the dish and spoon

Keena Vertan comes down and picks a napkin up. She holds Sophie's chin and dabs at her face to clean her off.

Sophie Starsparrow melts a bit, her eyes following her raptly

Keena Vertan takes the dishes to a sink and deposits them there. - What else? Things you like to eat?

Sophie Starsparrow shakes her head and smiles a bit

Keena Vertan > Fish? Rice? Steak? Poultry? Bugs? *sneaks a smirk over her shoulder at Sophie at the last word*

Sophie Starsparrow laughs - Well, I like...whatever...but not so much bugs...and some Gallente food I can do without

Keena Vertan > We shall have to experiment then.
Back to top Go down
Sophie

Sophie

PostSubject: Re: Vo'Shun Story (an experiment)   Vo'Shun Story (an experiment) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:52 pm

Cynn's Blog - Nothing Left to Say

Sophie's Blog - Fare Well

The Orphanage in Sorrow's Gash

Keena Vertan comes down the old staircase to the main room of the building.

Sophie Starsparrow sits on the floor, playing with the hair of a roughly made doll belonging to one of the children, showing her how braid it

Keena Vertan comes towards Sophie and crouches down next to her, smiling.

Sophie Starsparrow smiles up at Keena, then finishes the braid she was working on before handing the doll back to the child

Keena Vertan nudges the little girl off towards a group. She turns her attention to Sophie and offers her a hand.

Sophie Starsparrow > Can I make you some tea or something?

Keena Vertan shakes her head. She waits for her hand to be taken.

Sophie Starsparrow smiles again and takes her hand, shifting to be able to stand easier

Keena Vertan gets up and leads Sophie to the back room of the large steel door.

Sophie Starsparrow blinks a bit, watching her face

Keena Vertan shuts the door behind them. Keena walks to the lit center of the room and sits on the low metal table there.

Sophie Starsparrow stands, shifting her weight from foot to foot

Keena Vertan puts on her egone-like head device and motions for Sophie to sit on the ground in front of her.

Sophie Starsparrow tucks her robe under, sitting cross-legged on the floor, facing Keena, looking up into her eyes

Keena Vertan folds her hands together in her lap. Keena's lips don't move, but her soft, velvety voice is still projected audibly - So, Sophie, are you ready to be their big sister?

Sophie Starsparrow smiles, then frowns a bit and her forehead wrinkles

Keena Vertan > Hmm?

Sophie Starsparrow nods somberly

Sophie Starsparrow > Yes...I think...I think I am

Keena Vertan > You are unsure?

Sophie Starsparrow shakes her head

Sophie Starsparrow > No...I just...I just thought of...the little Sister I already have...had...

Keena Vertan nods her understanding. - You said neither of you knew what your marks meant. You should have her seek out somoene who can tell her of them.

Sophie Starsparrow nods > yes...though....I'm not sure she should... She doesn't care and...she is among people who don't care *watches her debating something, then deciding against it*

Keena Vertan > Very well. Something else?

Sophie Starsparrow shakes her head slowly "Nothing we haven't already talked about"

Keena Vertan nods. She pulls out her knife from her clothing. Keena holds the item out towards Sophie.

Sophie Starsparrow blinks, unsure of what's expected of her

Keena Vertan offers her a reassuring smile. > Take it. The item has a 5cm metal hilt and a 10cm, inwardly-curved blade. The outside edge is perfectly smooth, and the inside thickens and seems to have little slots going along the edge. There are 43 dashes carved vertically on each side of the weapon.

Sophie Starsparrow takes it from her reverantly, running her eyes up and down the blade, and flipping it over carefully, she runs her fingers along the dashes, looking up at her questioningly

Keena Vertan loses her smile, and wears something of a much sadder and more apprehensive expression - Like I said last night, Sophie. . . . I've had to do a lot of things to secure this place, and the people in it.

Sophie Starsparrow oses her uncertain look and nods before looking down at the knife again

Keena Vertan > What is a family, to you?

Sophie Starsparrow > I...*looks up at her, stopped cold by her question*

Keena Vertan >watches her reaction with some hint of curiosity.

Sophie Starsparrow > Family...family is...it's...when people...
Sophie Starsparrow sighs in frustration

Keena Vertan > Come now, t'is not so hard a question, is it?

Sophie Starsparrow > It's people that are supposed to care for each other...no matter what...
Sophie Starsparrow looks down at the mark on her ankle

Keena Vertan > Family is that group of people who you choose and are chosen by to protect, to help, to care for, and to love.

Sophie Starsparrow > but...family...
Sophie Starsparrow frowns in concentration "family shouldn't...I mean...Family should be forever...right? I mean...family shouldn't just...disown you...

Keena Vertan > Your commitment to protect and love someone in such a manner as family should never be something you forsake. You become a part of each other, a greater whole, in spirit and in form.

Sophie Starsparrow nods

Keena Vertan > Is that something you can do here?

Sophie Starsparrow stares at the wall for a long time and nods, then looks down at the floor and says softly "yes"

Keena Vertan nods. > Good.

Sophie Starsparrow > Can...can you do that with me? *looks up at her innocently*

Keena Vertan > -A tile in the metal floor midway between Keena's table and Sophie's seat on the floor depresses and slides under another tile. in its place rises an old, stained ceramic bowl on a small pedestal.- Do what, precisely?

Sophie Starsparrow > family *she mumbles*

Keena Vertan smiles brightly > Someone has to be the mother, no?

Sophie Starsparrow beams up at her

Keena Vertan slides to the edge of the table and holds her hand out. - Hand me the knife, and hold your hand out over the bowl.

Sophie Starsparrow complies, handing the knife over to her and holding her hand out over the bowl, steelig herself for what she knows is coming

Keena Vertan > It's just a little thing, don't worry.

Sophie Starsparrow smiles

Keena Vertan offers her a reassuring smile, then proceeds to make a single, small vertical cut on the left side of the base segment of each of Sophie's fingers whilst repeating a mantra as music comes on. Keena lets small blood drops fall into the bowl.

Sophie Starsparrow winces a bit on the third and fourth cuts

Keena Vertan holds out her left hand and makes identical cuts along the side of the base segments of her own fingers that will line up with the cuts on Sophie's fingers whilst continuing the mantra. She laces her fingers into Sophie's hand when done. Keena Vertan lets a few drops of their blood fall into the stained bowl together, finally completing her mantra. She sets down her knife, puts her uncut hand behind Sophie's head and pulls it towards, giving her forehead a smiling kiss when close enough.

Sophie Starsparrow feels a sense of inexplicable calm wash over her and she beams back at her

Keena Vertan slowly slides her hand out from contact with Sophie's, dragging and smearing their blood along the lengths of their fingers. The bowl descends into the floor, and the original tile returns to its position. - My beautiful new daughter.

Sophie Starsparrow swallows, her eyes welling up, she lunges forward and hugs her, crying

Keena Vertan gently embraces her and commences petting her hair. She smiles and returns to whispering her mantra again.

Sophie Starsparrow clings to her tightly, letting her tears flow unchecked

Keena Vertan > Shh, hush now little darling. -Due to the device, her velvet voice washes over the whole of the room in a calm whisper.-

Sophie Starsparrow sniffles and buries her head against her

Keena Vertan > Happiness can be expressed in such strange ways, no?

Sophie Starsparrow laughs a bit, wiping tears from her face

Keena Vertan offers a soft kiss on her temple, then squeezes her. - Come now, though, we need to clean these cuts up and get you to bed.

Sophie Starsparrow smiles and nods pulling away from her a bit and looking into her eyes "Thank you" Sophie kisses her cheek and stands, offering Keena a hand

Keena Vertan has a happy twinkle in the multi-coloured irises of her eyes. She takes the hand and rises.

Sophie Starsparrow crooks her arm in hers

Keena Vertan smiles at her newest daughter and takes her to one of the bathing rooms, where some medicine and such are kept in a cabinet, to tend to the slight injuries.

Sophie Starsparrow feels her insides melt a bit, watching her...mother...tend to her wounds

Keena Vertan places a quick kiss on each cut of Sophie's after cleaning it. She takes care of her own, then rises up. - Bed?

Sophie Starsparrow nods and smiles, grinning from ear to ear as she turns and heads to the sleeping area

Keena Vertan accompanies her to her bed. Keena crouches down at the side of it after Sophie is tucked in. She pets the girl's hair softly, then kisses her forehead goodnight.

Sophie Starsparrow sighs contentedly, still smiling and says "goodnight"

Keena Vertan goes to make rounds on the rest of the children to make sure they're all in their beds, then turns off all the lights. The ceiling comes alive with soft twinkling of stars and glowing nebulae. Keena proceeds up the old stairwell to her mandala.

Sophie Starsparrow inhales deeply and closes her eyes, pulling the blanket up to her chin and settling in comfortably as she drifts off to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Eran Mintor

Eran Mintor

PostSubject: Re: Vo'Shun Story (an experiment)   Vo'Shun Story (an experiment) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:56 am

damn blood rituals. what is she doing, giving you aids? even she said herself theres diseases there. pah
Back to top Go down
Cynn

Cynn

PostSubject: Re: Vo'Shun Story (an experiment)   Vo'Shun Story (an experiment) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 4:24 am

IGMS - New message IC
To: Stella Starsparrow,

sender unknown

Hi Stella

I have left to take on a new mission, that included deleting all files, transaction and communications data stored.
I don't want to keep you guys completely int he dark as ... at least by blood you are my faimly.

I sent this message to place a link where you can find me, if you need to talk to me ... just go in orbit of dammlin planet 5 and broadcast the attached codes, you'll be guided. Can't tell mor ein this message.

Officer Fish

P.S: any inbound communication to my former ID will be blindcopied to your account

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: FW: My dear friend
To: Cynn Anca,

What the hell...um...do you want me to come to Dammalin 5? Or do you want us to stay away? And what is this about Sophie? Did you find her? Where is she? What the hell is going on?

--------------------------------
FW: My dear friend
To: Stella Starsparrow,

AUTOMATIC REDIRECTION: ERROR 962 [[ RECIPIENT ID DOES NOT EXIST ]]

My dear friend
To: Cynn Anca,

Cynn

I don't know what to say. I don't know how you found me but...I'm okay. I'm safe. And...I'm not coming back.

I belong here. I should have been here all along. I'm...I'm an outcast. I wouldn't be welcome in the Republic anymore anyway and...*sighs* I told you not to care for me. I warned you.

I'm so sorry.
Sophie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FW: IGMS -New Message IC
To: Sophie Starsparrow,

This is flight control you're cleared to land on cargopad 502

be adviced that the route will be uploaded to your ship's nav system and any unsanctioned change of course will activate planetary defenses

out.

IGMS -New Message IC

Hello Cynn

I am in orbit around Dammalen five and would very much like to talk to you.

Plentyn

EVE System > Channel MOTD: You enter through an airlock to another hallway wich directly leads to an elevator the lights are flickering for a second but the energy supply seems to be steady most of the time. The air smell fresh which indicates that the ventilation system is working.
GALNET database:
Research and training center 032 is an abandoned military complex on Dammalin 5 of the republic fleets special forces division. originally built and equipped by the Gallente Navy this complex was a research and training complex for the special forces armed troops.

Cynn Anca > *plentyn is brought into a rather small room white walls reflect the sterile bright light a table and two opposing chairs are in the middle of the room, the guard motions him to sit down*
Plentyn Annwn sits calmly
Cynn Anca > *after a few minutes the door opens again and cynn comes in, blinking confused as she sees plentyn* Plentyn?!
Plentyn Annwn > Hello Cynn
Plentyn Annwn > Nice place
Cynn Anca > Ehm .. yeah *sits down on the other chair and looks at him confused* How did you get here?
Plentyn Annwn > Stella told me I needed to come here if I wanted to talk to you...and...I took a shuttle
Cynn Anca > Well .. Stella .. okay *frowns a second* sorry for the .. security measures .. be my guest. *stands up and walks over to the door* They're a bit ... nparanoid about newcomers here *smiles slightly and opens the door*
Plentyn Annwn nods
Cynn Anca looks at him awaiting* Better speak in my private quarters .. or do you prefer this place?
Plentyn Annwn shrugs a bit
Plentyn Annwn > I was just wondering what you knew about Sophie..where on Vo'Shun she was, what she was doing...
Cynn Anca frowns, her mood dropping* No I don't know anything about it, she wants to stay down there thats all I need to know.
Plentyn Annwn > She wants to stay? On that...*frowns* Why?
Cynn Anca > My best guess is that she thinks she belongs there, talked something about her unread voluval mark ... I don't know and I'm beyond caring
Plentyn Annwn straightens his tunic
Plentyn Annwn > I see
Plentyn Annwn stands up and bows to her "Sorry for your time"
Cynn Anca stands in the door watching him for a sec than looks at the ground ehr shoulders slumping as she sighs* no ... i'm sorry.
Plentyn Annwn stands waiting for his escort out
Cynn Anca looks up at plentyn* Just one thing ... why do you think she would tell me more than actually you?
Plentyn Annwn > Sophie does not talk to me about her personal life. My own fault really but, she doesn't. So I thought maybe you would know more. And you did.
Cynn Anca nods slowly* If you need somethng help or anything .. I'll be here for a while .. work *heads over to him and hands him a datachip* You should get here without any problems next time.
Plentyn Annwn smiles a bit and nods "Thank you" taking the chip and secreting it quickly and smoothly in the folds of his tunic
Cynn Anca > no .. thank you. *hugs him in an impulse, and quickly backs off again turning around to head for the door* Bring him safely back to his shuttle when he wants to *she orders the guard*
Plentyn Annwn smiles a bit at Cynn and nods at her again
Cynn Anca nods and mutters* you are welcome *before leaving the room*
Back to top Go down
Sophie

Sophie

PostSubject: Vo'shun Story (an experiment)   Vo'Shun Story (an experiment) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:54 pm

Audio File
Type : Low frequency Radio Wave
Received at : 5:59
Filter time : 2 minutes
"I am looking for a man named I'jabil. If you know him, please tell him I need to speak with him. I can be found in Sorrow's Gash, please go to one of the bars there when you can, I will find you. Please?"

Within the wide canyon, there is the sprawling mass of steel scrap habitats and domes making up the city of Vo'Shun. Clouds of smoke billow up and keep the canyon in perpetual twilight, and people go about their business along the streets. There is the occasional sound of a scuffle, and possible weapons discharge followed by shouts, as well as music and other sounds from the many taverns, pubs and clubs.

Sophie Starsparrow stands in a crowded doorway, her eyes scanning the crowd

I'jabil Nas'lan shuffles into a club, looking around for anyone peculiar. He was frustrated to be disturbed but it was rare for radio-broadcasts of these sort to reach him, so he came.

Sophie Starsparrow thinks she spots him and heads to the club and taps him on the shoulder, and he turns around... "oh, sorry, never mind" she turns away dejectedly about to head back when I'jabel shuffles past her and into the club. She blinks and follows him, staying a few paces back

I'jabil Nas'lan looks around and checks his watch. I'jabil Nas'lan turns to head back out the club, thinking he's wasting his time.

Sophie Starsparrow suddenly finds herself face to face with the man and she gulps then locks eyes with him and gestures with her head towards the bar

I'jabil Nas'lan bumps into Sophie. I'jabil frowns and looks down at her, watching her head motion. He nods and turns to the bar, his hands underneath his cloak on his weapon.

Sophie Starsparrow heads to the bar, removing local currency from the folds in her rough brown robe. She orders them drinks and waits for them to arrive before she speaks, tucking a frayed dread behind her ear, revealing a dirt smudged cheek

Sophie Starsparrow > Thank you for meeting me

I'jabil Nas'lan grunts, "What is this over?" cutting to the point, his time a precious resource.

Sophie Starsparrow > I've heard of you...from what you did with the capsuleer

I'jabil Nas'lan folds his arms and looks at her. His face ridden with scorn.

Sophie Starsparrow > I...I have...that is...I was wondering...

I'jabil Nas'lan > ...you heard of me?

I'jabil Nas'lan grows suspicious > "And what have you heard?" He leans in close to her, his breath reeking of alcohol and smoke.

Sophie Starsparrow turns to face him, trying not to wince at the reek of smoke > I have heard you fight for our people

I'jabil Nas'lan growls, "Bullshit *I'jabil spits with his words*. You're a liar."

Sophie Starsparrow > Would I buy you a drink to lie to you?

I'jabil Nas'lan > Yes.

I'jabil Nas'lan > And you'd get me drunk so you could steal my equipment.

Sophie Starsparrow laughs

I'jabil Nas'lan > You're not from here, are you? I don't even have to ask, but I'll give you the courtesy to be honest this time.

Sophie Starsparrow > Hmm *frowns a bit* No, i want you to use your equipment. And...I wasn't from here. I am now.

I'jabil Nas'lan > Hmph...Whatever....what do you want? *I'jabil Nas'lan reaches for the drink she bought him and downs it instantly.*

Sophie Starsparrow > Transport

I'jabil Nas'lan eyes her curiously, "To where?"

Sophie Starsparrow > Not for me *downs her drink and gestures for the bartender to bring two more* and I'm not sure, probably just a staton in system...I'm sure other means could be arranged...

I'jabil Nas'lan > Alright....well then for who?

Sophie Starsparrow stares at her drink for a minute, trying to decide how much to tell him. > Children. Thirty of them.

I'jabil Nas'lan > Children....
I'jabil Nas'lan glares at her.

Sophie Starsparrow nods,her eyes never leaving her drink

I'jabil Nas'lan > Why children....
I'jabil Nas'lan usually never asked so many questions but his trust of Sophie was less than his non-existant trust of the locals.

Sophie Starsparrow > They won't make it to their teens here...I...I have...access...to a few different places they could go...they...they wouldn't be out casts any more but...they might...they might lead full healthy lives

I'jabil Nas'lan > Look, lady.

Sophie Starsparrow draws her lips in a tight line and tries to keep the tear that formed in her eye from falling

I'jabil Nas'lan > I don't give a damn about your feelings towards these children. I assume you're not the one who had 30 children, you don't look the part, so I can imagine they're not yours.

Sophie Starsparrow > They're orphans *sighs*

I'jabil Nas'lan > I can only assume they come from one of the many orphanages around here, and I can't allow you to take our lifeblood....our future from us. *growls* We're all orphans here.

Sophie Starsparrow rubs her forehead

I'jabil Nas'lan > Or haven't you noticed yet?

Sophie Starsparrow > Future? Their own caretaker told them they won't live more than a few more years here. How does that help your future?

I'jabil Nas'lan > Everyone plays their role....

Sophie Starsparrow > New outcasts like me are the only future this place has...these kids...they don't belong here...

I'jabil Nas'lan > Those few years are valuable....many of them will work aboard ships in those last few years, procuring resources we need...

I'jabil Nas'lan > You!?

Sophie Starsparrow > Fine..thank you very much *stands up*

I'jabil Nas'lan > You're no outcast...*shakes his head* Hm?

Sophie Starsparrow > Sorry I wasted your time *nods curtly and turns to leave*

I'jabil Nas'lan > ...
I'jabil Nas'lan reaches for her hand, pulling her back. > How much are you willing to pay for this transport?

Sophie Starsparrow stops and turns letting herself be pulled back a bit > Whatever you think would compensate for the few years labour you would have gotten out of them *she says through clenched teeth*

I'jabil Nas'lan > Hmm...They're not my children so their loss is not of my concern. But I will take fourty million isk for their safe transportation to Arzad VIII station. Yes, ISK. Your face may be dirty but your skin is too pure; no scars.

I'jabil Nas'lan > I know what you are....

Sophie Starsparrow smiles and holds up her hands, her scarred palms facing outward "what are these?"

I'jabil Nas'lan > What's it matter. You're not fooling anyone....I've only come into contact with capsuleers maybe twice and I can tell...

Sophie Starsparrow nods "I...can get you 40 million isk" And *her strange smile back* I never said I didn't used to be a capsuleer

I'jabil Nas'lan > I don't care anymore....just get me my money. Twenty before, twenty after.

Sophie Starsparrow nods > It may...it may take me a day or two to convince...to...*sighs*

I'jabil Nas'lan > You already knew how to reach me so I assume I don't need to give you a forwarding address...

Sophie Starsparrow > Does the price go up if I don't quite get permission first?

I'jabil Nas'lan finishes the other drink in front of him, "Tell me when they're ready for transport....I'd rather not know about it...." *stands up and drops the glass on the counter. He looks her over one last time, scowling.* Trash....
Sophie Starsparrow nods and looks up at him "That's why I'm here"

I'jabil Nas'lan turns and walks out the bar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vo'Shun Story (an experiment)   Vo'Shun Story (an experiment) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:41 am

Within the wide canyon, there is the sprawling mass of steel scrap habitats and domes making up the city of Vo'Shun. Clouds of smoke billow up and keep the canyon in perpetual twilight, and people go about their business along the streets. There is the occasional sound of a scuffle, and possible weapons discharge followed by shouts, as well as music and other sounds from the many taverns, pubs and clubs.

Keena Vertan comes wandering down from the stairwell and into the main room.

Sophie Starsparrow sits on the floor, reading to the children, her eyes darting quickly to Keena then back to the book

Sophie Starsparrow > Um...I'll finish this later okay *squints at them when they start to moan and she growls and they laugh. She closes the book and gets up as the kids start to play with each other, and heads to Keena

Sophie Starsparrow > Can I...can I speak to you?

Keena Vertan has her normally tightly braided hair down, which hangs somewhat below her shoulders in free layers of a rusty-red. She smiles brightly at Sophie as the girl approaches and embraces her quickly before nodding at her request.

Sophie Starsparrow smiles at her and leads her into the kitchen

Keena Vertan casts a smile at the rest of the children accompanied with a little wave as she follows Sophie.

Sophie Starsparrow opens the fridge and removes some of the fruit she purchased the other day while out

Sophie Starsparrow > I...I know we've talked about this before but...

Sophie Starsparrow washes the fruit in the sink and begins slicing it, handing a piece to Keena

Sophie Starsparrow > The children...

Keena Vertan takes her piece and nibbles on the hand as she listens.

Sophie Starsparrow > I'll stay with you...I want to stay...but the children...I can get them somewhere safe, where they will fit in, and be given medicine, and live long full healthy lives...we can stay here...you and I...there will be more children...

Keena Vertan stops mid-way through taking another bite and goes still.

Sophie Starsparrow > You'll still have purpose here...we'll still have purpose

Sophie Starsparrow > But they'll live full lives *she mumbles looking at the floor*

Keena Vertan finishes the piece of fruit and gently grabs Sophie's wrist.

Sophie Starsparrow looks up again, looking in her eyes

Keena Vertan wears an expression of apprehension. She keeps her grip and begins walking out of the kitchen. Keena takes Sophie upstairs into Keena's room. The room is kept mostly dim, with the majority of light focused on the metal table where the mandala is, and only shadows thrown around in the room's periphery. Keena finds her head-borne device and applies it. She then sits down in front of the table and motions for Sophie to do likewise.

Sophie Starsparrow sits on the floor at her feet instead, looking up at her

Keena Vertan makes a tiny smile and her velvet voice takes form via the room's transmitters. - You wish to take them away from here.

Sophie Starsparrow nods then stops "Well, send them...yes"

Keena Vertan > And place them where?

Sophie Starsparrow > outside of empire space

Keena Vertan > You are being very vague, Sophie.

Sophie Starsparrow > clean planets...pristine... well *averts her eyes* The tribe that took me in...the one that doesn't exile those of us with bad marks...the capsuleer alliance they own...own's it's own space

Keena Vertan nods slowly.

Sophie Starsparrow > It's peaceful there...and...they could...they could...have a chance

Keena Vertan remains quiet, but holds her look at Sophie only occasionally interrupted with a slow blink. Keena 'speaks' again after a long silence. - Have you talked with any of them about it?

Sophie Starsparrow looks up at her pleadingly

Sophie Starsparrow > no...

Keena Vertan > I had thought not.

Sophie Starsparrow > It's not their choice, It's yours.

Keena Vertan > Yes, it is. So, what should I do, daughter? Should I keep them here, where they are happy, despite everything, and where they'll likely die far sooner than they should? Or should I send them off to strangers, and just. . . . hope?

Sophie Starsparrow > They aren't happy, not when they are sick And they won't be going with strangers, they will be going with people I trust, who will raise them as family

Keena Vertan > And will they never be sick where you wish to send them?

Sophie Starsparrow > There will be doctors, and medicine and...they kind of sick they'll get they can recover from *she looks into keena's eyes and pulls a dread effortlessly out of her head

Sophie Starsparrow > The radiation alone... I'd ask you to go too but I did...and I think you won't...so i won't

Keena Vertan > You are placing me in a very uncomfortable position with what you have already asked.

Sophie Starsparrow > I know *she says, looking at the floor again*

Keena Vertan > Our kind have survived here for a long time. Their cycles of life began here, and it would be natural, however. . . . painful, for them to end here as well.

Sophie Starsparrow > That's not true

Keena Vertan > No?

Sophie Starsparrow > Most of you recently arrived. Those that live weren't born here You said yourself these kids wouldn't live to their teens...

Keena Vertan > Correct. . . . but what do you think could be done about what has already damaged them? What can sending them away from the only home they've ever known accomplish?

Sophie Starsparrow > They can have a chance. And sometimes...*furrows her brow* what we think of as home...isn't.

Keena Vertan runs her hands through her long hair. She looks down at Sophie quietly for a time before speaking again. - A chance.

Sophie Starsparrow nods "yes...what I had...and shouldn't have"

Sophie Starsparrow > They can have *her voice wavers a bit and she looks down again*

Keena Vertan > Why do I have the feeling you have already searched for a way to move them?

Sophie Starsparrow blushes a bit

Sophie Starsparrow > I can get them from here to the station, and...from the station to a new life

Keena Vertan > And if I say no?

Keena Vertan rises up from her seat.

Sophie Starsparrow shrugs a bit, staring at the floor "I...I don't know..."

Sophie Starsparrow looks up at her again "I'm sorry..." her voice catches in her throat and she looks at the floor again.

Keena Vertan develops a stern undercurrent beneath her velvet tone. - Stand up, my daughter.

Sophie Starsparrow stands up, still looking down, and swallows hard "family is those you choose to protect..." looks up at her "right Mother?"

Keena Vertan softly cups the girl's face in her hands. -I want to keep them safe, but I can't protect them from everything. How can I protect them from anything if I send them away?

Sophie Starsparrow > You can't protect them from what's here

Sophie Starsparrow > The people yes...but not the enviroment. And...You could always go with them *smiles*

Keena Vertan > I can't leave, after everything I had to do to get this place, Sophie. It took me twelve years here to reach this point.

Sophie Starsparrow nods.

Sophie Starsparrow > I understand, and I'll stay with you...there will always be more children who need you...

Keena Vertan pecks her forehead before resuming her seat. - There are some other things we need to talk about.

Sophie Starsparrow sits back on the floor

Keena Vertan > What do the words 'Burning Leaves' mean to you?

Sophie Starsparrow blinks and looks at the floor.

Sophie Starsparrow > Some people say I smell like that...one person called me that

Keena Vertan > The small faerie, with her butterfly wings, holding her rose.

Sophie Starsparrow shows her her ankle with the mark on the inside and turns it out, showing her the tattoo she just described

Sophie Starsparrow > My sister...

Keena Vertan nods.

Keena Vertan > And I have seen no symbols of marriage displayed on your person.

Sophie Starsparrow sighs.

Sophie Starsparrow > It was anulled, when he...when he started being delusional and suicidal...

Keena Vertan > You're not old enough to have gotten married to begin with.

Sophie Starsparrow > I...he was...*sighs and nods* I shouldn't have

Keena Vertan > T'is allright. Not a mistake you shall make again.

Sophie Starsparrow > no

Keena Vertan smiles at her.

Keena Vertan > You're a smart girl.

Sophie Starsparrow chuckles a bit "yeah" she says sarcastically.

Keena Vertan > You're just young. Intelligence often becomes subservient to the more primal urges at such an age.

Sophie Starsparrow furrows her brow a bit and decides not to correct her.

Keena Vertan > But it's of no concern.

Sophie Starsparrow looks up at her "How do you....who...?"

Keena Vertan > He spoke to me.

Sophie Starsparrow rolls her eyes.

Sophie Starsparrow > Well at least he's alive *sighs and looks at the floor*

Keena Vertan > I won't bother you with the details of the message.

Sophie Starsparrow > How did he know to send you a message? How does he know I'm here?

Keena Vertan > He offered nothing specific in that other than 'the grapevine'.

Sophie Starsparrow frowns again.

Keena Vertan > Nothing to fret over, Sophie.

Sophie Starsparrow nods "bigger concerns"

Keena Vertan > Much.
Back to top Go down
Sophie

Sophie

PostSubject: Vo'Shun Story (an experiment)   Vo'Shun Story (an experiment) Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Audio File
Received at : 5:59
Filter time : 2 minutes

I can meet you at the same place, with what you asked for.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sophie Starsparrow sits at a roughly-made radio, shutting it off

Keena Vertan has been in her upstairs room since feeding time for the children a couple of hours past.

Sophie Starsparrow stands and heads back to the kitchen, removing a piece of fruit from the fridge and washing it. She slices it and arranges it on a plate, before heading upstairs and rapping gently on Keena's door

Keena Vertan opens the creaking door and smiles at Sophie. She ushers the girl in.

Sophie Starsparrow kisses her cheek and comes in with the plate of fruit. She places the fruit on the table, careful to keep it away from the mandala, and sits on the floor at the foot of Keena's chair

Keena Vertan has her headgear affixed. Keena sits down and takes a small nibble.

Sophie Starsparrow > Have you given any thought to...to what I asked?

Keena Vertan nods.

Sophie Starsparrow looks at the floor and waits patiently

Keena Vertan has a tired tone to the velvet of her projected voice - Sophie, there's an old, ceramic pitcher of water in the corner of the room. Could you bring me that please? -Keena points in the shadowed item's general direction.

Sophie Starsparrow stands quickly and crosses to it, picking it up carefully and carrying it back

Keena Vertan smiles at her. Keena takes it and sets it on the table next to her fod, which she resumes eating. -I am almost fiinished with this piece of art, you know. -

Sophie Starsparrow > It's beautiful...I've never been...never been good with that kind of thing

Keena Vertan > You will learn, over time. The creation of this sort of thing is quite different from other forms of art.

Sophie Starsparrow nods

Keena Vertan > The sand painting is invested with much spiritual energy and meditation.

Sophie Starsparrow > I tend to be more...frenetic with the arts I'm good at *smiles to one side*

Keena Vertan rises and walks around to the edge remaining unfinished. Keena picks up the tools and goes to work at completing it. - It teaches patience, and is decent for clearing your mind and bringing goodwill. It also teaches lessons of other importance.

Sophie Starsparrow nods "I was..." stops and listens

Keena Vertan > Speak, Sophie.

Sophie Starsparrow shakes her head > I learned to meditate...as a seperate function...*shrugs a bit*

Keena Vertan > /emote nods. - The act of creating this is meant to be a meditative function.

Sophie Starsparrow nods and tries to keep her eyes on Keena instead of darting around the room.

Keena Vertan applies the last specks of sand to the mandala on the table. Keena then sets about cleaning the many implements and putting away all the jars and containers of the coloured sand.

Sophie Starsparrow inhales deeply and exhales a long slow controlled breath

Keena Vertan > The singular lesson that the art teaches, however, is coincidentally appropriate to your proposition.

Sophie Starsparrow watches her, her face betraying no hint of emotion

Keena Vertan presses her hand to a part of the table's edge, which makes a hole appear in a corner of the very slightly angled surface. Keena picks up the ceramic jar and opens it - Permanence is. . . undesireable, and non-existent, in this world. The last lesson of this art is that no matter how beautiful a creation is, it must one day disappear, for everything must come to an end. -Keena pours out the jar's contents, and washes away the sand painting into the drain rigged down the table's leg.-

Sophie Starsparrow gulps back a cry and watches Keena's face with concern. She jumps up and moves towards her, watching the remnants wash down the drain, then looks back up at her and her head shakes slightly from side to side. She sighs a bit and turns, leaning her head on Keena's shoulder

Keena Vertan smiles a sad smile at her - They can go.

Sophie Starsparrow nods a bit, her head still resting on her shoulder, her arm comes up and her hand rests on Keena's other shoulder. She stays like that for a moment then pulls her other arm in front of her and hugs, leaning her head up and kissing her cheek. She lets her front arm come back abnd leans her head on her shoulder again and says quietly "Thank you mother"

Keena Vertan embraces her daugter tightly in her arms, and a few crystalline tear drops drip down from her eyes.

Sophie Starsparrow > I'll...I'll tell the man when I see him....do you...do you want to tell the children or...?

Keena Vertan > Yes.

Sophie Starsparrow nods again, her head still on her shoulder

Keena Vertan > When they're gone, I want to go out to a place I know.

Sophie Starsparrow lifts her head up and looks at her questioningly > Go...?

Keena Vertan > For a little while. I don't want to be here right after its empty.

Sophie Starsparrow > So you'll come with me?

Keena Vertan > I don't know.

Sophie Starsparrow furrows her brow

Keena Vertan > I am going to keep living here, but I just think it will be good of me to get out for a short time after they've all left.

Sophie Starsparrow nods then looks at the floor

Sophie Starsparrow > So...where...where do you want me to go?

Keena Vertan > Where do you want to go?

Sophie Starsparrow blinks and looks around the room and swallows > I'm...I'm...there's no place for me where I really want to...*exhales frustratedly* I wanted to go here

Keena Vertan nods and gives her another hug.

Sophie Starsparrow buries her head in her shoulder and stifles a slight whimper

Keena Vertan pats her back gently. - T'is allright, Sophie.

Sophie Starsparrow inhales deeply and lets it out very unevenly. She nods and sniffles a bit and lifts her head, looking into her eyes > Where are you going to go?

Keena Vertan > A little capsuleer place out in the Great Wildlands.

Sophie Starsparrow > I can...? Can I stay here? This place will need filling up again...I think I saw a couple children the other day that looked like they could...* lets her voice trail off looking at the floor* I'd like to stay.

Keena Vertan > That's fine.

Sophie Starsparrow > /emote hugs her tightly again

Keena Vertan > I shall only be away for a few hours.

Sophie Starsparrow nods > Okay

Keena Vertan pulls from the embrace. Keena goes back and forth to a shadowed corner, bringing glittering blue glass incense holders to the metal table. She places the blooming, blue glass roses on each corner of the table, lighting them in turn as they are placed.

Sophie Starsparrow watches her with curiosity

Keena Vertan > You may go and do what you have to do to see them off. I will be here meditating for a while, before I go.

Sophie Starsparrow nods and hurries out of the room

Keena Vertan keys in a few strokes of her handheld device, projecting up a pair of two-tailed birds made of ash and smoke. These begin circling the air around Keena as she sits herself on the center of the table amidst the wisps of incense in the air.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audio File
Received at : 6:19
Filter time : 4 minutes

The last transfer has been completed upon confirmation of their arrival. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Eran Mintor

Eran Mintor

PostSubject: Re: Vo'Shun Story (an experiment)   Vo'Shun Story (an experiment) Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 1:13 am

Sorrow's Gash

Eran Mintor had arrived in Arzad about thirty minutes ago to contemplate the people who were now assigned to him in his hangar. He Investigated their sources and realized they were from Sophie.

I'jabil Nas'lan had been on the station dropping off some goods when he had bumped into Eran and was quickly pulled aside by Eran's personal guards.

Eran Mintor had convinced I'jabil to take him to Vo'Shun again, to where these children came from. He pressued I'jabil, claiming that Sophie was the love of his life and he would surely kill himself if he could not find her.

I'jabil Nas'lan reluctantly agreed and brought him to Sorrow's Gash, leading him through the men who had recently tried to kill Eran and succeeded in killing the other two men.

Eran Mintor walks into the main corridor, taking off his ventilation mask. He looks around humbly, as if he had thought much about it since he left. Eran Mintor said nothing and proceeded down the halls he had grown familiar with during his short stay, heading towards the main bazaar.

I'jabil Nas'lan followed close behind.

Eran Mintor turns to I'jabil, shouting over the background chorus, "Where next?"

I'jabil Nas'lan > This way....*I'jabil waves his hand for Eran to follow*

Eran Mintor follows I'jabil now, his hand firmly grasping his pistol. He took out his pistol from its holster and walks with it tightly in his hand by his side. He glared at everyone who past him, even the seemingly innocent children.

Sophie Starsparrow walks through the crowd, her eyes searching the nooks and crannies

I'jabil Nas'lan leads Eran to the base of the orphanage and turns to him, "This is where those children are from....this was their home....care to see what kind of childhood we have here?"

Eran Mintor > Not really....I just want to find Sophie....look....*Eran steps closer to I'jabil, grabbing the cloth around his neck*....if you know where she is right now save us both the trouble and let's just get this over with....

I'jabil Nas'lan smirks at Eran and says nothing.

Sophie Starsparrow stops a few hundred meters from the orphanage, pressing herself back into the crowd, trying to make out the two men in front of the door

Eran Mintor releases his grip on I'jabil and looks around his back. He squints at Sophie, unable to make out her face.

Sophie Starsparrow looks behind her quickly to one side then to the other, then looks back at the men and slumps her shoulders a bit and heads towards them, her mouth falling open slightly for a moment when she recognizes him.

Eran Mintor turns around and walks up the stairs, pushing the doors open and walking in with his pistol in the air.

I'jabil Nas'lan follows behind, motioning to a man in the crowd before disappearing behind the doors.

Sophie Starsparrow runs in the front door, dropping the bag of fruit she was carrying and heading for the stairs

Eran Mintor stops and looks around. He pushes I'jabil in front of him, "Well? Why is it empty?"

I'jabil Nas'lan scowls at Eran, "Perhaps because you now have all the children..."

Eran Mintor > Bullshit....Where's Sophie?! *Eran aims the pistol at I'jabil.

Sophie Starsparrow enters behind them "That is why."

Eran Mintor > Huh? *he turns his head around to see Sophie, "Sophie...." He grins and lowers his pistol slowy.

Sophie Starsparrow looks at I'Jabel "I'm sorry...I didn't mean..." turns back to Eran and looks down at her self blushing a bit, self-concsiously picking at a thread on her robe

I'jabil Nas'lan growls and punches Eran in the face, running out the door and disappearing.

Eran Mintor recoils from the punch, holding his cheek. Eran shakes it off and looks back at Sophie, "I've been worried sick..."

Sophie Starsparrow rushes to him and checks where he was punched "I'm sorry...I didn't mean to worry anyone. Let me get you some ice?

Eran Mintor embraces Sophie, squeezing her tight, "Don't leave us again..."

Sophie Starsparrow blinks and swallows hard and tries to maintan her composure "I...I never should have been allowed to stay..."

Eran Mintor pulls himself back and looks her in the eye, "That's nonsense. Whatever your marks are....who gives a damn. It's a disgusting tradition, Sophie...

Sophie Starsparrow > But...*looks conflicted* I...it's true...

Eran Mintor > What's true?

Sophie Starsparrow > I mean...not for everybody...not for Keena...but...for me...I...

Eran Mintor > What are you talking about, Sophie?

Sophie Starsparrow > My mark. I should be...*looks back into his eyes* I should be an outcast. I...I bring pain...to those...to those I love *looks at the floor, her ears turning red*

Eran Mintor > You should? Why should you be an outcast Because our ancestors follows this stupid practice for centuries? What do you think it's purpose was but to create power where there is none? How is it different than what our people despise about the Empire? Sophie!

Sophie Starsparrow > Maybe thats what it turned into but...our traditons have a basis in reason...

Eran Mintor creases his eyes, "I don't want to hear you even begin....look, love hurts. Nothing you can do....Please....will you just come home? Vo'Shun is not for you....your marks do not make you an outcast. The Minmatar are who make you an outcast.

Sophie Starsparrow > Home? This...this is home. I feel more at home here than i have...almost anywhere else

Eran Mintor > Home is where the heart is....this is where your heart is, Sophie?

Sophie Starsparrow > Listen...I...I still consider Plentyn and the Annwn my tribe...and...I understand that they...*stops cold and blinks, looking at him* here

Eran Mintor > Huh?

Sophie Starsparrow averts her gaze after a moment and picks self-consciously at her robe again before looking back up at him, her eyes welling up a bit "I...I couldn't understand how...I mean..I kept doign what I thought was right...even if it wasn't what I wanted...and...it kept turning out bad...and the more I tried...the more I tried to make things right, the more they...I have answers now...My heart...my heart has nothing to do with it...I...I belong here. You should know that more than anyone

Eran Mintor > No. You don't...*shakes his head* Why dont you just do what you want, instead, for once?

Sophie Starsparrow blinks "But...what if...what if what I want is...for another's hapiness?"

Eran Mintor > You can't bear other people's burdens...

Sophie Starsparrow > Do...what I want...?

Eran Mintor > Yes. Do what you want. Make yourself happy for once.

Sophie Starsparrow > I don't...I don't know how to...to do..*stops and looks at the floor for a minute before looking up and kissing Eran. She then gets up quickly and runs out of the room and down the stairs*

Eran Mintor growls and chases after her. He grabs her just outside the building. "Sophie! Where are you goin?!"

Sophie Starsparrow bites her lip and giggles a bit "I was going to get ice"

Eran Mintor > No....Look...will you come back? Please....

Sophie Starsparrow drops her smile and looks away "I...I don't...*sighs* I can't just leave mothe...um...Keena. I took her kids from her...I...I don't belong up there...Don't you see? I'm the piece that doesn't fit...You are happy aren't you?

Eran Mintor > I don't know...

Sophie Starsparrow looks at him intently, her forehead creasing slightly

Eran Mintor > I'm happy with Shalee but it's bringing a lot of pain to both of us. Look...you can't do anything down here.

Sophie Starsparrow > I can...I already took in two more kids...

Eran Mintor > I'm not taking in anymore unless you come home.

Sophie Starsparrow > and...pain...is...you know...*shrugs*

Eran Mintor > Now...Come with me, Sophie....please....don't make this a wasted trip.

Sophie Starsparrow > Hmm, oh...well...I could always...*sighs*

Eran Mintor looks out of the corner of his eye, spotting some unusual movements.

Sophie Starsparrow > What am I going back to? why? I can do good here

Eran Mintor grabs a hold of Sophies arm, "We need to move." *pulls her with him through the bazaar. He weaves in and out of the rowdy crowd, pushing a pistol in a few peoples faces to make them move. He tugs Sophie forcefully behind him*

Sophie Starsparrow reaches for the hilt of her blade tucked into the folds of her robe and goes with him, her eyes trying to seek the source of danger wighout being obvious

Eran Mintor nears the end of the bazaar and pushes Sophie infront of him, a look of desperation on his face, "Don't look back...run!" he turns around and fires blindly into the sky of the capsulated habitat. He shouts some obseneties and screams, "You're not coming any closer!"

Sophie Starsparrow runs, glancing back over her shoulder, her knife drawn now

Eran Mintor stops firing after his clip is empty and a group of people are now rushing towards Eran, enraged. He holsters his pistol and crawls into the corridor, running as fast as he can behind Sophie. He slips on his mask as they near the exit.

Sophie Starsparrow stops behind an empty crate and peers back down the corridor until he catches up with her again
Sophie Starsparrow > What was...?

Eran Mintor > Keep going!

Sophie Starsparrow nods and breaks into a light run

Eran Mintor motions forward, looking over his shoulder to get a look at the sounds of footsteps behind him. He runs next to Sophie, his arm around her waist pushing her faster. Eran grabs a mask off the wall at the exit and shoves it onto Sophies head. "Look....I'll tell you later....we need to go, now!" he opens the airlock and pushes Sophie inside, tapping a button to close the door.

Sophie Starsparrow slips the mask on quickly after rplecing the knife in it's fold

Eran Mintor jumps out of the airlock into the open space, motioning towards a Dune Treker nearby. "Quick!" He runs to the Trekker and hops in, quickly starting up the loud engine and putting the gears into drive. He reloads his pistol quickly as he waits for Sophie to get in.

Sophie Starsparrow runs a few more steps, stopping just short and hesitating. She glances back to the exit they just took and watches it curiously

Eran Mintor frowns as he sees her stop. Eran places the gun down on the seat next to him and jumps out, running quickly over to Sophie and swooping her up in the air. He tossed her into the Trekker and slammed the door shut, running over to the other side. He hops back in and closes his door. He slams on the accelerator without looking at Sophie and plows through the entry gate. Eran ducks as he hears gunfire erupt behind him.

Sophie Starsparrow sits beside him looking at him, then ducking as the gunfire sounds

Eran Mintor > ....we'll be okay now....*he rotates the wheel to compensate for the dunes, making his way slowly to the shuttle he had landed in with I'jabil. Eran hops down from the Trekker and walks over to Sophie's side. He opens the door and looks up at her, "Cmon...We need to go before the come here. You're not safe here anymore....they were planning to use you....like they used me....You can't trust these people, Sophie....

Sophie Starsparrow takes her mask off and glares at him

Eran Mintor > You can't trust anyone...

Sophie Starsparrow looks away, her bottom lip quivering a bit

Eran Mintor > Please Sophie...Get on the shuttle.

Sophie Starsparrow narrows her eyes, a hard expression crosses her face and she nods, following him

Eran Mintor smiles faintly. "Finally," he thought. He climbs aboard the shuttle and sets course for Arzad VIII station. He takes off without looking back. He drops her off there and tells her to get some rest. He puts his hand over her forehead, "We'll talk about this more...okay? I'm just glad you're safe again....*he frowns*

Sophie Starsparrow nods a bit and closes her eyes, turning to face the shuttle wall

Eran Mintor leans forward and kisses Sophie on the cheek, "Don't run off again....please....it makes me very unhappy...I need to run though....take care Sophie. *disappears into his hangar*

Sophie Starsparrow stays facing the wall for a long time, then wipes a tear from her cheek and gets up, shuffling out of the shuttle in search of the children.
Back to top Go down
Cynn

Cynn

PostSubject: Re: Vo'Shun Story (an experiment)   Vo'Shun Story (an experiment) Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:32 pm

http://podlogs.com/sophiestarsparrow/2010/05/04/traditions-based-on-reason/

A person sits next to Sophie's bivouac, hooded, the face covered in the shadow of the cloth and steelgrey eyes watching the sleeping Vherokior. The eyes glance over the kids, huddled together in sleep and spread in a few spots on the floor with not much more than blankets to cover their sleep. As time passes the kids slowly begin to wake up and curiously peek over their blankets to the sitting one moving as little as possible to not attract the attention of the dark one who is still staring at sophie and waiting for her to wake up

Sophie Starsparrow shifts a bit when she feels the children stirring around her

Cynn Anca sits still, watching her with cold eyes*

Sophie Starsparrow wakes up and sits up, running a hand over head, another dread coming out in her hand. She sighs a bit and tosses it aside

Cynn Anca waits a moment before speaking with a low voice* Need some medication?

Sophie Starsparrow blinks and looks at Cynn "No...they do" gesturing to the children around her

Cynn Anca > they would have gotten some if you didnt had decided to stay down there ..... *pulls the hood back and stares at Sophie* I don't have lots of time but ... why? .. Sophie .. why do you leave your tribe behind .. neglect your responsibilities .. just why

Sophie Starsparrow > Neglect my...Cynn...I never should have been allowed around people...I still shouldn't be. Bad things happen...and...it's true..

Cynn Anca frowns "Bad things happen to everyone its life .... and what is true? And what the hell are you talking about now? ... You mean you scrap all that "I am married to the tribe"-shit just like that for that dirty garbage dump down there?

Sophie Starsparrow > Cynn, don't you see? I always told you the problem, why it had to be like that...I just...didn't know why. Now I do know why

Cynn Anca > Ah I guess you found what you sought for .... something that tells you that you were right all along .. an easy excuse for unlucky events? I give shit about that .. your friends dont care about it ... you didn't care about it. *Cynn Anca shivers and quickly leans forward hugging her tightly, whipsering* But it's still your freedom .. a freedom I fight for .. believe what you want .. the people down there want to believe they got no other place to go. there are plenty of... possibilities.

Sophie Starsparrow > Not for them...there are for these kids. And there should be for them...but there isn't, and for most of them it's wrong. For some of us...it's right

Cynn Anca > It's never right to die. Sophie .. is it your decision .. your free will to live down there .. or is it cause of some others believe?

Sophie Starsparrow > It's because...because...I think some marks are bad...prophetic, of bad things...and I think...some probably arn't that bad, or maybe a small possibility of being bad...but others...they are bad...they mean bad things over and over again

Cynn Anca laughs "So you think ... why am I caught in your damn surroudings then? I have no bad mark" stares at her

Sophie Starsparrow > because you care for me...thats my Mark Cynn.It would have been better for you if I could have stayed down there

Cynn Anca > if you say that you can also claim it would be better if i just break your neck here and now.

Sophie Starsparrow > well yeah. exile is just a nice way of doing that

Cynn Anca smiles at her "If you reall believe in your mark then you know very well that it wont be the easy way right?"

Sophie Starsparrow > I've been exiled from Vo'Shun now too

Cynn Anca blinks and cannot help but just chuckles* Exiled from the exiles?

Sophie Starsparrow nods kinda wobbling her head a bit

Cynn Anca shakes her head* If you don't see how ridiculous this is by yourself .. *sighs*

Sophie Starsparrow > Ridiculous? It's all true...the only thing ridiculous about it is you refusing to see the truth

Cynn Anca > The truth is that i don't believe in fate .. or marks .. as I won't let take anyone or anthing the freedom of my own choice from me.

Sophie Starsparrow > I've never had a choice! What were my choices? Eran or Leme, You or Mats, My hapiness or the well-being of the Tribe? Those aren't choices

Cynn Anca > You had .. plenty of them .. as example you decided to send me away the last time ... *looks at her* That are choices too some of them you refused to make cause of the fear of consequences .. for fucks sake Sophie! we have to live with them ... my choice was to care about you and for the sake of the spirits its my problem if it's bad for me.

Sophie Starsparrow > yes it is. Thats the point of my mark *sighs*

Cynn Anca sighs and takes her hand* I don't think its bad .. I am not happy .. ture .. I would have liked to get you off that dustball when i was in orbit broadasting .. I even had marines with me for a landing operation ... but Sophie .. it's your freedom you decided to stay. And I don't know if you understand this ... but I'd rather be unhappy myself than do anything against your will. *shrugs and stands up*

Sophie Starsparrow > I understand that completely...

Cynn Anca nods slowly* Understand that I'm always there for you .. regardless of marks or other crap .. it's my own decision .. but only if you want me to .. if you sned me away I'll go and leav eyou alon thats what you want. *flashes a smile at her* By the way you maybe should decide to take a shower.

Sophie Starsparrow blinks a bit and laughs "I actually need a clone jump. We don't last as long down there as real bodies" She pulls out another dread

Cynn Anca > Should I pod you? *smirks*

Sophie Starsparrow > If you think it will help

Cynn Anca > hmm i don't know ... I mean .. your damn mind won't change but at least youg et your hair back. *chuckles* Cynn Anca glances around over the children* Plentyn searched for you too .. it would be nice if you pay him a visit

Sophie Starsparrow inhales deeply and sighs, nodding.

Cynn Anca gives her a short kiss on her dirty cheek* So what do you want to do now?

Sophie Starsparrow looks around at the kids "Well, i need to get them fed, and, I see they've been cleaned but,i want to make sure they are getting the right medicine and enough of it...then I should probably try to figure out how to get them...Plentyn...I'll need ...to talk to Plentyn after that

Cynn Anca nods* If you need help .... you should know by now *smiles slightly* but i have to finish my mission first. *looks at her* Just don't run away again ... if you decide to leave .. okay but please not again without any word of farewell.
Back to top Go down
Eran Mintor

Eran Mintor

PostSubject: Re: Vo'Shun Story (an experiment)   Vo'Shun Story (an experiment) Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:35 pm

IGMS - New message IC
Sent: 2010.05.08 03:52

Hey Sophie

I don't know how your situation is but well here's some help I want to offer to you.

Theres a Datachip in the safety locker xxxx of the stations storage service.
Password for the locker: xxxxxxxx

THe chip gives you and the persons you take with you travel clearance through republic space
and any transportation costs will be taken by me.

Please use this to get to Plentyn as soon as you can .. take the kids with you or leave them there.

the next tranport leaving the station should be the Saigon Maru a trade vessel usually transporting raw materials.

Cynn

---------------------------------------------------------------

Channel ID: -10314076
Channel Name: Eran's Hangar in Arzad
Listener: Eran Mintor
Session started: 2010.05.09 01:51:59
---------------------------------------------------------------
The hangar is a large space off from the main docking bay. Hymns can still be heard faintly. The hangar is brightly lit with several large cargo containers. One of the larger containers currently houses thirty children in a make-shift "house".

Sophie Starsparrow exits the 'house' with her arms full of dirty dishes. She stacks them in as neat a pile as she can and goes back in, coming out with more.

Eran Mintor had just finished taking inventory of all the non-organized materials that were just shipped in. He walked towards the temporary shelter with his datapad still in hand. He smiles as he sees Sophie and follows her inside.> Hey....

Sophie Starsparrow turns feeling someone behind her and smiles a bit self-conciously when she see's Eran > Hi

Eran Mintor > How are you feeling?

Sophie Starsparrow > Well...okay...I probably need to clone jump soon *smiles akwardly* How are you? *her eyes searching his face*

Eran Mintor > I'm alright....clone jump?

Sophie Starsparrow frowns a bit and gently tugs a dread, pulling annother one out

Eran Mintor > Er..*frowns* Are you sick?

Sophie Starsparrow > I told you..these cloned bodies...they don't seem to be able to take the radiation as well as real ones..

Eran Mintor > Ah...So why not biomass it?

Sophie Starsparrow shrugs "I'll be okay...I will

Eran Mintor walks thru the room, looking over at the sickly children.

Sophie Starsparrow > before I go back

Eran Mintor > ...back? *He turns and looks at her.

Sophie Starsparrow nods, trying to kee herself busy facing away from him. She wipes something from the side of a little boy's face > After I get them settled...I'm going to go back to help...*glances at the kids and mutters quietly* mother

Eran Mintor > Help?

Sophie Starsparrow > There are more children there that need..care.

Eran Mintor > Hmm..He stands still with his arms crossed, his eyes fixed on her.

Sophie Starsparrow > And...*winces a bit* I belong there

Eran Mintor > You really want me to worry, don't you....

Sophie Starsparrow shakes her head emphatically "No"

Eran Mintor > Well I will...*He sighs and shakes his head, looking at a young boy next to him. He takes a knee and looks up at the boy, "Do you want to see Miss Sophie go?"

Sophie Starsparrow looks at him pleadingly, her head turning very slightly as she mouths "don't"

Eran Mintor follows the boys gaze to Sophie "..Well?" He stands up after the boy says "No" and walks to the far end of the cargo container. He presses some buttons on the wall. A fan can be heard kicking in the background

Sophie Starsparrow frowns, staring at the floor for a long time > Do you want to go home? back to Keena? *she continues staring at the floor as some of the kids nod, some shake their heads and others stare at the floor like Sophie

Eran Mintor turns and watches them.

Sophie Starsparrow sighs and looks at them, letting her eyes fall over the whole group, trying ot connect with each one briefly. You are going to an island. A beautiful island...with very nice people. Keena wants to stay where she is. So she can help others. I will stay with you..until you have new friends...families...

Eran Mintor nods to himself.

Sophie Starsparrow looks at Eran and heads out of the modified container and picks up the large stack of dishes, carrying it to on of the hangars many cleaning bays

Eran Mintor and follows her out to the hangar, squinting under the light.

Sophie Starsparrow > /emote starts washing the dishes and says over her shoulder "I need to get them to Plentyn...I..I was going to take them tonight

Eran Mintor stands behind her a foot or so back, "....Okay...can I help?"

Sophie Starsparrow > well, Cyn already took care of the arrangements...*turns back to him for a second* I'm sorry, i didn't mean to burden you with this...

Eran Mintor > You're not burdening me at all...I was wondering if I could.....raise one myself.

Sophie Starsparrow drops the dish she was washing and watches it bounce of the hangar floor a few times before rolling a few feet away > What?

Eran Mintor nods and clears his throat, "I want to raise one of the children...You can say no.

Sophie Starsparrow > Well...I mean...um..they aren't mine....and...well...I mean...what do you mean raise one?

Eran Mintor > Take one under my wing....like an apprentice....like a son I don't have....will never have.

Sophie Starsparrow furrows her brow a bit > What are you talking about?

Eran Mintor shakes his head, "Nevermind...."

Sophie Starsparrow goes and picks up the dish > No...what do you mean...you will never have? How do you know?

Eran Mintor > ...Let me know when you need my mark...Er...I just do. Everything is finite, even love. *Eran frowns a bit and folds his arms*

Sophie Starsparrow inhales and exhales > That makes no sense in terms of you knowing you will never have a son, but okay...Once they are on Ynys Tylwyth, if you meet the adoption requirements the annwn have, of course you can...

Eran Mintor shrugs, "Makes sense to me. I'd never want to make a child with a person I didn't love..." smiles a bit, "Thank you..."

Sophie Starsparrow > And you will never love anyone? *blinks, confused* I thought...I thought you...?

Eran Mintor > I do...But it won't last.

Sophie Starsparrow frowns again > Yes well...who can say *shrugs a bit and returns to the dishes, turning her back to him*

Eran Mintor > She knows I'm leaving for null-sec; she knows you'll be there. I can only do so much to make her happy, especially when I anger her by trying to build something for the both of us...

Sophie Starsparrow > I won't be there

Eran Mintor frowns "Hmm...I don't know about that." *He runs a hand thru his dreads and sighs* This is a new home we're building Sophie. We all want you there....I want you with us."

Sophie Starsparrow > Yes, I understand, so why isn't she going with you?

Eran Mintor > What?

Sophie Starsparrow > It won't be my home

Eran Mintor frowns > If it's not your home why would you care about it.

Sophie Starsparrow > I don't

Eran Mintor > ...

Sophie Starsparrow > I care about them *gesturing with her head towards him and the container behind him

Eran Mintor > So you think your life's purpose is to sit in a rotting world caring for the sick and weak...That is very noble but....

Sophie Starsparrow > It's not noble

Eran Mintor shakes his head and turns, leaving her there.

Sophie Starsparrow > It's where I belong. I don't belong anywhere else *she drops another plate and curses*

Eran Mintor stops and speaks over his shoulder, "....Why do you allow yourself to be denied? Take what you want, Sophie...*exits the Hangar*

Sophie Starsparrow waits until he is gone and and then says "What I want is already taken."
Back to top Go down
Sophie

Sophie

PostSubject: Vo'Shun Story (an experiment)   Vo'Shun Story (an experiment) Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:25 pm

A request
Sent: 2010.05.09 21:34

Sophie,

Would it be possible to meet sometime? I'd like to talk to you.

Shalee

Re: A request
Sent: 2010.05.09 21:47
To: Shalee Lianne,

Erm, yes, I could stop by Soft River on my way to...an engagement I have later today...

Re: Re: A request
Sent: 2010.05.09 21:47

Alright. Thankyou.

Soft River Bar & Grill - Located on the Yrmori Core Complexion Inc. Factory station orbiting Planet IV-M17. A quaint and comfortable bar and restaurant. Portraits of famed Matari warriors are placed around the walls. Large decorative tribal rugs cover the floors and groups of short circular tables are surrounded by pillow cushions on the floor. A bar is off against a side wall with a tall bartop and stools. The drinks are seemingly endless, and the room looks twice as big with a large mirror purposefully placed behind the counter. The loud noises of the station outside are masked with songs of percusion and string instruments over speakers around the restaurant.

((I'm missing a bit here, can't find it anywhere))

Shalee Lianne > Eran says you're leaving....?

Sophie Starsparrow > Uh..yeah..well..going back to Vo'Shun

Shalee Lianne slides down onto one of the barstools. "Why?"

Sophie Starsparrow > Cause...I...I should have been there in the first place

Shalee Lianne > But why would you say such a thing?

Sophie Starsparrow blinks and looks down at her drink. She shrugs slightly "it's the truth. I may not like it, but I'm not blind, I can see it

Shalee Lianne > But what do you see?

Sophie Starsparrow sighs heavily and never takes her eyes off her drink "why do you care?"

Shalee Lianne > I don't know, to be honest. I...

Sophie Starsparrow turns to look at her

Shalee Lianne > I just...when Eran came back from that place....he was broken. Missing a leg. Scarred. Tortured. I've never seen someone so broken, Sophie. That haunts me everyday. Im just trying to understand why you would put yourself in that kind of danger? Those people are savages. And if Eran couldn't survive there, how will you?

Sophie Starsparrow looks back at her drink "because I'm one of them. They know it

Shalee Lianne > You are not a savage.

Sophie Starsparrow > Neither were they...until they were outcast

Shalee Lianne > I guess I don't know the whole story, it is between you and him...but he went back there to rescue you?

Sophie Starsparrow > I got lucky...lucky for me...they missed it. I never should have been made a capsuleer, and....I'm not the one pying the price...

Shalee Lianne > And now you are choosing to go back again? I don't understand it.

Sophie Starsparrow > Yes...I guess he did..but..

Shalee Lianne > But what?

Sophie Starsparrow > But that's just more proof. He loves you...he put your relationship in jeopardy.. for what...to rescue me from the only place I ever fit in? What part is it you don't understand here?

Shalee Lianne > I don't understand why you think you fit in with that riffraft? You're a capsuleer, granted we are not on the same side of this war, but you must believe in something greater than wasting away with those heathens. Shalee Lianne > Why do that to yourself? To Eran.

Sophie Starsparrow > Because of my mark....Don't you see? All traditions start some where, and are carried too far. That's what I believe....but they start in truth. A warning sign of things to look out for, things that will bring trouble

Shalee Lianne > Your mark?

Sophie Starsparrow > That's me. And I bring trouble to those I care about, and those that make the mistake of caring for me *sighs*

Shalee Lianne > Eran cares for you.

Sophie Starsparrow > yes...and it's hurt him already. I don't want it to continue too *looks up into her eyes*

Shalee Lianne > So you'll run off and do something foolish that you know will hurt him, and worry him? How does that make sense?

Sophie Starsparrow > /emote furrows her brow and shakes her head a bit "it...it won't I mean. I've already caused problems, between you and him. I told you...I want him to be happy and he is happy with you...I don't want to.."

Shalee Lianne > Though he is happy with me that does not change the fact that he cares deeply for you. And I know once you are on that god-forsaken planet, he will be distracted and worried. If you love him as you say you do, you wouldn't torture him like that.

Sophie Starsparrow stares at her, her mouth dropping open slightly for a moment before she snaps it shut. "What would you have me do?"

Shalee Lianne > I would have you not go there, I would have you to stay safe, at least. I see that you've left the miliita...

Sophie Starsparrow frowns and looks at the bar. "I couldn't...I wouldn't... Eran..." She exhales and orders another drink

Shalee Lianne > Why are you being so selfish, Sophie. Why.

Sophie Starsparrow > Selfish? Selfish?

Shalee Lianne > There are a thousand other things you could do with your life, why throw it away on that god awful planet.

Sophie Starsparrow > If i was being selfish I would tell him how I feel

Shalee Lianne > You dont think he knows?

Sophie Starsparrow blinks and nods "I think he does...and he feels bad...that he doesn't feel the same...and I don't want that"

Shalee Lianne > I want to be perfectly honest with you. *She hesitates, trying to figure out how to say what she wanted* Look. Eran is not the first man I've loved. I've loved others. He has loved others. And I told him that I still love them in some sense. Love doesn't disappear, Sophie.

Shalee Lianne > I'm certain he still loves you.

Sophie Starsparrow > No..I know...yes..in a way...

Shalee Lianne > He and I have chosen to be together.

Sophie Starsparrow > I know

Shalee Lianne > But that is different from what he feels for you. There is real feeling, real emotion. Real friendship. And you are damned lucky to have that. Don't throw it away. And don't torture him because of it.

Sophie Starsparrow > I am lucky... He isn't. Don't you see...? *sighs* Fine...I'll stay. i have a duel to fight anyway. I'm dragging my whole tribes name through the mud now

Shalee Lianne > If you go there, how can he rest knowing that you are there?...A duel?

Sophie Starsparrow > he can rest knowing that I feel at home there, that it is where I belong

Shalee Lianne > He risked everything to save you from that place. I'm sure he doesnt feel that you belong there.

Sophie Starsparrow > Thats the point! I made him risk everything. I can't have that kind of...I can't...Me being around hurts people who I care about, it doesn't matter what i do...so fine...I'll stay

Shalee Lianne smiles suddenly, "You will?"

Sophie Starsparrow downs her drink and stares at the ceiling "Yes, fuck those that care about me right? it's their own damn fault? I'll stay.

Shalee Lianne shakes her head, "No. You should feel greatful that people care. Hell, even *I* care."

Sophie Starsparrow > It'll be your downfall too.

Shalee Lianne > It's a chance I'm willing to take.

Shalee Lianne > So now that you're staying, what will you do?

Sophie Starsparrow > Going to fight a duel I've been challenged to...then we'll see *shrugs*

Shalee Lianne > Surely not that nonsense of Revens?

Sophie Starsparrow > Unfortunately. Fucking battleships, I don't fly battleships. *shrugs and finishes her drink*

Shalee Lianne > Who challenged you?

Sophie Starsparrow > A Star Fraction pilot

Shalee Lianne > You could have turned it down, you know. Most everyone I know who was challenged has turned it down.

Sophie Starsparrow > Slandered me and my whole tribe cause I caught Jade in a lie...yeah well *shrugs* screw it you know?

Shalee Lianne nods. "Yeah, I guess."

Sophie Starsparrow > I think my buy orders are in and I should probably be trying to head out there...

Shalee Lianne nods, "Alright....thank you for seeing me. Come back anytime, and if you're ever in Amarr, come by the Keep."

Sophie Starsparrow > Thanks for the offer...I don't think I'll be taking you up on it *stands up and bows to her slightly before turning and leaving*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vo'Shun Story (an experiment)   Vo'Shun Story (an experiment) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vo'Shun Story (an experiment)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Void Beyond :: Eve Fiction-
Jump to: