Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Governance Policy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sophie

Sophie

Governance Policy Empty
PostSubject: Governance Policy   Governance Policy Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:47 am

The exact operating procedure of Starfish is in KA's hands, but I would still hope when we form an alliance it will operate under these principles regardless of the direction each particular corp may take.

Okay, going to try to attempt to explain and simplify this concept one last time without confusing everybody even more. (I said I was going to try )

The main difference between democracy and consensus is this : issues are not black and white, yes or no.

Issues are put to vote, as in a democracy. If majority is yes, the no votes are looked at, and the reasons examined. At this point an attempt is made to see if the proposal can be adjusted to deal with those concerns. This process is repeated until we reach full agreement(or consensus). In this way, better, more considered decisions are reached.

The other main difference is that if one single person is very opposed to something, it is enough to cancel it outright. Everyone has the power to veto. The balance to this is that if one person disagrees with EVERYONE else on more than one or two occasions, they are asked to leave.

As has been said before elsewhere, the only real drawback is that it takes a little longer sometimes. This can be minimized by people speaking up and giving their opinion, whatever it is. Most of the time that has been spent in this corp to make a decision has been waiting for feedback that never came. For this reason it is important that you chime in when asked, even if you have nothing to add, or have no opinion one way or the other.

What is Consensus?

How it works : The basics.

How the Iroquois did it.
Back to top Go down

Governance Policy
Page 1 of 1